Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pacific Island Club Tour

So I was thinking about it, and you have all read a bit about the amazing sights to see around Guam and seen some pictures, but you haven't really seen where I live, work, and play everyday at the resort. So, I am going to give you a little "tour" as it may, of PIC. Starting off we have my room, and the lovely view of the dense, green jungle.



The sunsets are amazing to watch right out here. Right as I get off work, the sun beams into my room, filling it with all kinds of oranges, yellows and reds. It's nice to just sit out there and watch the sun sink into the green jungle below.

The tower I live in is the tallest building in Guam from foundation to roof top. I live on the third floor, but have been to the top many times to check out the view.


This is one of three towers that guests stay at. I was fortunate enough to be able to stay here. Only off island employees live here, so it is nice to be so close to those that you work with. It gives it more of a family feel for us, which is nice since most of our families are thousands of miles away. 

Path Leading to Water Park
I'll start off with the water park since it is one of the main attractions here at PIC. We have two main water slides which lead to the "slide pool" and then three more mini slides that lead down to the "main pool". 

The towers that you see in the background are the royal towers, where our premier guests and VIP's stay. We have all sorts of activities that go on in this pool including water aerobics, water hand ball, and special group activities. Our other pools are the laps pool, which is strictly used for lap swimming, games pool, which has tug of war, a rolling log, water volley ball and water basketball, and our kids pool, which is very shallow and has a bunch of floating animals in it for the kids to play with. Our last little pool is the Shiheky Splash pool, where young kids and go and run around and play:

This is probably the most popular pool for kids 2-6 or so. There are slides, a giant bucket of falling water, and multiple water spouts, splashing water. 

Next we have our lawn, looking down at the swim through aquarium. We use this lawn for all sorts of activities, games while guests mainly use it for lounging and catching some shade by the enormous trees that surround it. 


Next we have the swim through aquarium, which is one of three in the world. It is an actual 300,000 gallon aquarium thriving with fish, giant clams, and more. 


It may just look like another pool with rocks sticking out from the surface, but if you go below, you will see some of the most tropical fish Guam has to offer. Guest can use the swim through aquarium through instruction only. All amenities and facilities are free of charge for resort guests, so all you need is a reservation and you can get some good snorkeling in without even leaving the property!

Covering a large area of the property is our lagoon, where guests are able to kayak around and get a more adventurous tour of the property. It is only three to four feet deep and nothing really lives in there, we think..haha but it is quite fun to paddle around and see much of PIC


Lastly we have the marine center, which is where I am at a lot of the time and by far my favorite area to work here at PIC. This is where I take people out on sailing excursions, snorkeling tours, and teach windsurfing to those who are up for the challenge. 



Learning how to sail has been one of the most exciting new things in my life. It is such a tranquil experience to be out on the open water with nothing but a sail pushing you as fast as the wind will take you. When I first came to PIC I was told that I may or may not get the chance to learn, but I made a point of bugging the supervisors enough to where they took me out a few times until I was ready to go for it on my own. Marine center is one of those areas of work that just isn't really work. Sail for an hour, take out a snorkeling tour to explore the reefs for an hour, teach an eager group of people how to windsurf. This is exactly why I am here. I am outdoors doing the things I love to do and ya I may not get paid the most, but I've never been happier working. 

One of our boats

For those trying to take their relaxation to the next level, we have the Jiivana spa that includes everything from  Thai massage, steam room, yoga pavilion (on the beach) and much more to make your experience that much more reposed. 


We also have the Racquet  Center which isn't really much to see other than our indoor tennis court (only one on Guam). There is also an archery range here and a challenge course, which is basically an obstacle course kicked up a notch. 
Picture from Lobby

Last but certainly not least, in fact probably the best part of working here in Guam, we have the family. We are a crazy group of people that all love adventure and having a good time. This group of people is like none other you have ever met. They are the most spontaneous, crazy, eccentric, loving, optimistic people you will ever come across. Guam certainly would not be the same for me without these people here, and yes for some, you only get to know them for a couple months, but when you step foot in tower, you are family. 



Love and miss you..

1 comment:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    yacht in Bahamas

    ReplyDelete